About AGC Shreveport
In 1925, AGC Shreveport was chartered in Shreveport, Louisiana, and became the first AGC chapter in northern Louisiana. The chapter was instrumental in forming the AGC Highway & Heavy Division in 1948 (now known as Louisiana AGC), as well as providing direction and feedback to AGC of America on issues affecting contractors in Louisiana.
Today, AGC Shreveport reaches out to all types of general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers that serve the region. AGC Shreveport provides needed membership services to meet the ever-changing landscape of the construction industry. It has maintained a large-scale partnership with other industry groups including the design professional organizations, organized labor, minority and women-owned professional groups, and many civic groups.
Over the years, AGC Shreveport has been at the forefront of protecting the free enterprise system of maintaining a level playing field for all construction firms. Today, AGC Shreveport has grown in the region to represent nearly 250 construction firms and 10,000 employees.